Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Dutch Licorice ~ Tea Time

Join me while I sit a spell, contemplate, and savor a good cup of tea

Choices


Ah, yes good choice


Dutch Licorice Tea 
Memories of Amsterdam as aniseed imparts a sweet candy-like pungency on tangy licorice. The mellow character of Rooibos also layers exceptionally well with the aniseed and natural flavorings that round out the blend. The resulting cup is fantastic - sweet, slightly bitter and hinting of spice. Prost!

The Cup


Opps! little shaky today,

I'm thinking a green tea pot for St. Patrick's Day and this lovely little favourite.


Happy St. Patrick's Day

A fine tea cup with a high handle and a gold trim base on which she sits. The spray of gold leaches down the sides of the cup giving you an impression of perhaps having tea out - late in the evening in a darken room while wearing a hat draped in front 
a black veil


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My tea and contemplation has come to an end, back to work.
This week we are still in renovations, I think I might have to make grandpa a cup of that tea to relax him a little while I make a few more changes.  What is it with women and changing their minds? I mean, I only think we do that because we are getting it better than the last time we decided. Nonetheless, it is my mission this week to change around the living space, renovate the bathroom, and make a new set of curtains.

Maybe I'll put on a hat with a veil as I go about the house. Scuttlebutt, that would just be silly.

Join me for tea this week while I visit
Bernideen's ~ Tea Time Blog
I'll leave you with this Irish Proverb,
May you have the hindsight to know where you've been, 
the foresight to know where you are going, 
and the insight to know when you have gone too far.
Hugs,
Cindy



~00~ Grandma (aka Cindy)
Crafting - http://scrapandwrap.ca
Roasting - http://coffeeroasting.ca/

10 comments:

Bernideen said...

What a fun post about tea and your lovely cup and saucer!

Beth in NEPA said...

That tea sound interesting. I do love licorice!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Good morning Cindy,
That is a pretty teacup and all those jars of tea is a lovely sight! I love licorice but not in my tea, I'm afraid. I much more prefer to savour it in the form of a cigar or pipe. *smiles* Hope your renos go well for you. Thank you for coming to tea and enjoy your week. Happy Spring!

Blessings,
Sandi

Janus said...

I enjoyed a cup of my boring old tea while enjoying your cup of tea. Your musings are very enjoyable and restful. Happy renovations.

Pamela Gordon said...

I like a liquorice flavoured tea, Cindy. There is something about it whether it's the sweet aftertaste or whatever, but it's good. Your teacup is a beauty. Renovations sounds like a fun thing and it's a woman's prerogative to change her mind. :) Have a great week. Hugs, Pam

Two Cottages And Tea said...

Lots of tea to choose from! I like your choice of teacup. Beautiful! Have fun decorating!
Nancy

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Dutch licorice sounds delicious Cindy, and if you do wear a hat like that around the house, how about adding a strand of pearls! :-)

Antiques And Teacups said...

I love licorice, tea included! Love the photos too. The teacups are so pretty. So nice to have tea with you.
Ruth

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi Cindy: Love the beautiful tea cup. Perfect for any one of those lovely teas you have. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

Lynne said...

I like licorice, not sure in tea though . . . I 'd like to see you in the hat . . . smile!

ghost bead bracelet