Sunday, March 30, 2014

Six Weeks'v Winter ~ Sunlit Sunday

So I searched and searched for what I could see as a glimpse of sun for this week,
being it is our last Sunlit Sunday


This is a perfect take on the situation because;


It looks like there is going to be another six weeks of Winter here on Prince Edward Island.
As the mouse saw his shadow.

All fun set aside,
I would like to thank Karen over at My Little Home and Garden for hosting this blog party.  Although the party is over Winter isn't, and I don't see the end in sight. 

A more serious note,
My Christmas Cactus has bloomed - I'm going to spend a little time changing the soil and propagating her.


Stunning she is



~00~ Grandma (aka Cindy)
Crafting - http://scrapandwrap.ca

12 comments:

Snap said...

Oh my! The mouse saw his shadow!!! Yikes!!! I note that Mr. mouse and his feathered friends are well fed. your cactus is lovely. happy Sun Lit Sunday

cedarmerefarm said...

OMG you still have so much snow! Hang in there Cindy, the warm sun will melt all that in no time!

Cranberry Morning said...

Don't you just love the Christmas cactus!! Such amazing blossoms! and wow, would I ever love to visit PEI. Great photos. Love the mouse - as long as he's in a photo. lol

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Cute shot of the mouse. How nice that your christmas cactus is blooming right now!

lynn cockrell said...

Cindy,

We are have some pretty days here at the moment, albeit windy, yesterday and today. I don't think I could stand another 6 weeks of winter and I hope to get some things going outside very soon. Your cactus plant is beautiful. I need to re-pot one of mine. The other has just finished blooming. Have a beautiful day!

Janus Wilson said...

What a lovely way to photograph the Christmas cactus against the blue bottle (my favourite glass). bless you for feeding all God's creatures.

Pamela Gordon said...

What a cute little mouse. He's finding lots to eat under the feeders I think. Your Christmas cactus might be an Easter one. :) Beautiful photos of it with the blue bottle. The storm is really nasty here. We had about 10 cm. of snow and now ice pellets. And it will go through tomorrow too! Yikes. Take care over there. :)

Lynne said...

Beautiful cactus. . .
Boo hoo on six more weeks of winter . . .

My Little Home and Garden said...

The Christmas cactus is looking splendid. I hope its blooms encourage the rest of PEI to warm up and welcome spring! April has got to see the snow melt, right?

I'm glad you joined in with Sunlit Sunday this year, Cindy. Thank you!

-Karen

Angela said...

Oh winter is hanging on here too- hopefully it won't last too much longer!

Unknown said...

I must grow Christmas Cactus! So lovely! xo Jen

Alicia said...

PRECIOA LA PLANTA ...TENGO UNAS CUANTAS PERO NO DAN FLOR!!!
SALUDITOS

ghost bead bracelet