Sunday, December 7, 2014

Fort Bragg to the Petrified Forest

Hello!

I've miss you over this past week. Get a cuppa and sit for a bit I have a couple of great adventures to share with you my friend.

This arm chair travel

is starting from Fort Bragg where I'm still dreaming of

and all the seaglass

but we have to move on

our son watched a show called Diners, Drive-ins & Dives

and sent us to San Diego to The Noodle House and Sake

Where I had amazing wings

along with an egg roll and house fried rice, yum.

From there we went on a Safari - what a trip that was not only did I get a couple of nice pictures I got my $89 dollars back. That is the thing, if something is very bad don't be shy in asking for your money back, chances are you can get it with good explanation. This is only the second time I've ever had to do this.

So lets move on

Guess where? In all this fog

The Grand Canyon


The fog lifted I filled my memory card, I'll only share a couple though

 

A little closer up to reviel the lines of time.

Next stop
Sedona, Arizona

We found a hideaway off the road and walked the canyon the river once dug

A swimming spot


The walk back to the car was just as pretty and we found faces in these rocks, how many can you find? (click to enlarge photo)

Then onto another amazing phenomenom

Meteor Crater

just outside of Winslow, Arizona

You can see Guy walking up the path, I read where there could be 20 football fields placed in the centre of this crater. Not the largest in the world but the best preserved.


And can I have a drumroll please,

ta, da, ta daw

This took my breath away

The Petrified Forest


We walked over 3 miles

in amazement

Surprise

And wonder, to think of the millions of years this preserved forest was covered then became uncovered, and protected by Theodore Roosevelt in 1906 but not before vandals had removed a lot of it off and blasting the crystals from deep within the middle.

 

 

These weigh a ton they are apparently 200 times their original weight

Big, did I happen to mention they are also big


We took Braxton with us as he needed a stretch and he was amazed by the size also.

Well that is it folks,

I hope you enjoyed this part of the arm chair travel today and I was able to hold your interests for some of the trip if not all.

I'm off to Albuquerque as apparently someone thinks they can get me on some kind of crame or trim or tram up a ravine, ya not me.

Until our next connect, via internet - take care

Cindy

 

 

6 comments:

Janus Evelyn Wilson said...

Thanks for letting me tag along. Petrified wood can be cut and polished to make some beautiful jewelry. So you got to eat at one of the places visited by Diners, Drive-ins and Dives? I'm jealous. They always have the most decadently delicious foods. Glad you got some walking in as I know you've been missing the benefits of it.

Pamela Gordon said...

Awesome photos! The Grand Canyon is amazing. Another blogger shared similar pics of the petrified forrest this past year but I forget who now. Your plate of wings looks pretty tasty. Safe travels and best wishes. Hugs. Pam

Linda aka Crafty Gardener said...

Amazing photos of the Grand Canyon and petrified forest. You are have such a fantastic trip and I'm so glad I'm able to be there too via your posts.

Amy at love made my home said...

So many amazing sights to see. I never thought of there being fog at the grand canyon, it is beautiful. The petrified forest is stunning!! How utterly amazing. You must have loved being there. xx

Lynne said...

Amazing trip you are on!
Thank you for all the photos . . .
Loved seeing the Grand Canyon through your eyes.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a fabulous trip! Have fun and share more photos! I've been to a few of these places....but it's been years ago! Happy holidays, Diane

ghost bead bracelet