Sunday, February 16, 2014

Fright to a Fairy ~ Sunlit Sunday


I have been thinking about the Fairies returning to the gardens, now that the snow is starting to melt and the heads have fallen off the snowmen it is time to a little cleaning up around the yard and garden to attrack these ity bitties. 

First the walls of the garden shed


These scary mud whasps might return so I'll pull them down.


This owl would frighten itself


I know HOP wanted to get into the RV just in case we left tomorrow without him.



And I have to wonder about this frightful looking thing to a Fairy. Someone should call the French Gardener to remove these awful looking things.


It certainly doesn't appear as soft a landing as this teal piece of seaglass I provided for this dragonfly to set her dainty little feet down onto. 


I've been busy, putting some new items listed on Etsy.  

Today we pack the RV and tomorrow we say good-bye to the grand-children and kids for another year.  The time has gone by fast but so has the last 10 years now that I think of it.  I'm trying to slow down the time by adding favourable things to my day like photography, fairy gardens, teaching the girls to knit, and occasionally joining in a blog party along the way.

Today please follow me while I visit Karen over at My Little Home and Garden where she is having a wonderful Sunlit Sunday.  


Thank you for taking the time to visit today. I must say these past couple of weeks have been grand ones, I've met with new followers on Grow Your Blog, taught Makayla and Savannah how to knit, overcome Valentine's Day, and watched the sun come up and go down on the same day. 

Hugs,

~00~ Grandma (aka Cindy)
or Crafting - http://scrapandwrap.ca

18 comments:

Ruth Kelly said...

Good luck on this next journey. Didn't see anything for sale on your Etsy. I also have a shop there and sell hand made jewelry.

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Enjoyable post! Have a grand week! Cathy

Karen said...

I love that jewelry piece!

My Little Home and Garden said...

I'll have to take notes on how to attract fairies to my own garden. I wonder how they manage in the winter!

It sounds like your time was enjoyable; here's hoping the little knitters can carry on without your help.

Safe travels to you, Cindy!

Karen

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Oh, heading home now? Have a safe trip, there's still lots of snow.
The dragonfly jewelry is pretty.

Pamela Gordon said...

I love your new piece of jewellery. You are so creative with the bits and bobs and sea glass. Safe travels to you and the French Gardener. Hugs. Pam

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

You will be sad to leave your grandies behind Cindy... when I visit mine the days just fly by so quickly - then it's over for another year - I dread the goodbyes.....
Be brave, at least you are in the same country and can drive there if need be!

Hear from you when you get home again!
Hugs and a safe journey
Shane

Anonymous said...

Wishing you safe travel. Glad you had an awesome visit. Lovely photos.

Tomoko said...

Your dragonfly jewelry is so pretty.
Have a good day and be safe!

Our snow completely disappearedyesterday. They just stayed here for three days. My town, Nara people's exciting moment has quickly gone.

Lynne said...

Sounds like a trip to remember . . . safe travels back home!

deb @ frugal little bungalow said...

It will be fun to think about gardening again : )

Poppy said...

Hi Cindy,

How wonderful for you to have been able to spend such important quality time with your granddaughters and their parents. What a lovely feeling to know that you taught them such a useful skill like knitting.

Yes! Time certainly flies, especially when you're having fun, as you did. When you stop to really live each day, taking note of the countless, beautiful opportunities it offers, each one is truly a gift.

Happy Monday!

Poppy

Pondside said...

Have a safe journey! I'm sure you'll be terribly missed, but what joy for you and yours to have been able to spend this time together every year.
The piece you showed is lovely!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

oh i wish we were close to having the fairies returning to the garden. We are still months away!

Ida said...

Fun post.
I like that Owl
Yes Rose Thorns aren't much fun if you get stuck with them.
That dragonfly piece of jewelry was beautiful.

Unknown said...

I am very looking forward to Spring! I can't wait to see your garden in bloom! xo Jen

EG CameraGirl said...

My garden is covered in snow so it's a wee bit too early to think about the fairies in my garden. I'm glad you enjoyed time with your grandkids and that you taught them to knit.Way to go!

cedarmerefarm said...

Have a nice trip, Cathy. Take lots of pictures on your trip.

ghost bead bracelet