Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Oil Lamps


Yesterday I made a red collage across a few tables in the Tea Room.  
In the middle of the table sat an old clear glass oil lamp with red oil in it.
I lit it in memory of
Edna Stephens, my Grandma and inspiration for
Although she has been gone for 40 years my memory and heart love her dearly. 

She provided a safe home and taught me about life.

These little salt shakers reminds me of the homes back in Savannah Georgia where the streets have mirrored houses. 


Thank you "Lord" for our true blessings, ones we see before us and ones that are only a memory. I give thanks for what I have learned and appreciate the time I still have for learning.  As we get older we look for peace and serenity, not realizing we don't have to look that far.  

Today I'm linking up with Sandi and her HOME on home, where we join and share with each other. Come and share.
Wishing my US friends a safe and Happy Thanksgiving.

xo Cindy



5 comments:

Pamela Gordon said...

HI Cindy, this is a sweet tribute to your late grandmother. Those houses in Savannah are so beautiful. I love that style. The pink teacup is very pretty. Pam

Anonymous said...

Your grandma had such a sweet face, she actually reminds me a bit of one of my grandma's, minus the glasses, and I miss her too. Those houses you pictured are gorgeous. Take care - Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

I'm glad you have such lovely memories of your grandmother. I had a wonderful grandmother too but sadly she passed on far too soon. I will be sharing a little bit about her at my tea party next week. Those houses are gorgeous! So nice to have you join me for HOME and I hope you have a lovely weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Hi Cindy,
Thanks so much for your recent visit and comment on my Thanksgiving postcard post. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving day.
Gina

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love these ornate houses, they almost look like doll houses! What an awesome tribute to your grandmother you have written, and also shown in your collage.

ghost bead bracelet