Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Stop for Tea


I'm feeling a little overwhelmed this week,
perhaps some soothing tea would be nicely needed. 



but first I'll put on a hat,
Tea almost always goes better with a hat.


This is the one

I love the netting and when draped it is elegant


I'm having a fast cuppa this am as Ana is on her way over to stay with
grandma and we both are going to sit together and wait for baby.
Rory is finally going to make an appearance,
I can't wait to show you pictures of my new grand-son.

My tea party today is in this cup


I can imagine this rose flowering in my garden


I've chosen another rose for my tea pot


My tea today will be Lighthouse Lover's
wonderful rich bold, bright with a tart and tangy scur 
of cherry notes tempered with mild sweet banana finish.


While we are having tea and relaxing this afternoon I have something to share.
This is a video of the scrapbooking section of our gift shop done by Henry Dunsmore here on Prince Edward Island.  I was chosen by ArtisanPEI for the video this year and is demonstrates what we do for an experience here in the shop.  There were two videos made and I'll post the wire wrapping one another time. 
I hope you enjoy my camera shy :-)



These days I'm doing my best to try and stop for tea. Ana will be with me for two days as Rory my new grandson will arrive tomorrow.  We are so excited, and so is Ana, she hasn't stopped a bit. It took me all of the day up until now to get this post finished and I'm so tired I'm heading to my comfort zone. 

Before I do I'd like to visit the following for tea today.

Bernideen's ~ Tea Time Blog


Please forgive me if I don't respond to all your lovely comments over these next few months, know I am with you and visiting.  I may just leave a little short note to let you know I was by. Life does get in the way of time for me - however know I'm near,
~00~ Grandma (aka Cindy)

11 comments:

Janus Wilson said...

Exciting times for you. I look forward to the news and photos of Rory's arrival and I certainly understand that you may well be too busy to post comments. That's a good video and you come across well. congrats on being featured.

Pamela Gordon said...

I love your choice of pretty chapeaux Cindy. That would be fun to do. The teacup and teapot are beautiful. You must be thrilled to see Rory (love his name) tomorrow and I'm sure Ana will be pretty excited to meet her baby brother too. Blessings. Pam

Amy at love made my home said...

Your teapot is beautiful!! I am sure that you are all so excited about the impending arrival of your new grandson, I hope that everything goes really well and that you all have a wonderful happy family time together. xx

Amy at love made my home said...

Your teapot is beautiful!! I am sure that you are all so excited about the impending arrival of your new grandson, I hope that everything goes really well and that you all have a wonderful happy family time together. xx

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Pretty teacupt and pot Cindy - Lighthouse Lover's tea - only in the maritimes!
The video was a good introduction to what you offer, I'll bet many people would like a memory page made of their holiday.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Cindy, your teacup is really pretty and I love the teapot too. What a unique name for a tea and I bet it's delish. Enjoy your time with little Ana and I look forward to seeing pictures of that new grandbaby too. Thank you for coming by for tea and take care.

Blessings,
Sandi

Martha's Favorites said...

I just couldn't wait to stop by and see if baby had come yet. He has us all waiting in delight! Your tea cup is beautiful as are you in your hat! Have a wonderful week, Grandma! Hugs, Martha

Bernideen said...

That cup and saucer are really awesome but it is that hat with the netting that really took the cake! Lovely posting and so glad you shared Cindy!

Beth in NEPA said...

That tea cup is beautiful! And how exciting to welcome the new little one! Ana is probably even more excited today than yesterday!!!!

Terri said...

Hello Cindy, your "waiting for baby" post is lovely. I can imagine the pins and needles you are sitting on! I am wishing all the very best for your newest grandchild.
Hugs,
Terri

Anonymous said...

Oh - I stopped in to see your note-cards and was swept away with last week's teatime - which I missed - and just LOVED this post! So excited with your video - want to come and make a page, myself! Not in the near future, I'm sorry to say. Isn't it grand to be blogging buddies, though, sharing so much across the miles.
Joy!
Kathy

ghost bead bracelet