Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Walk for Memories

Each morning I get up and see rain drops in the pond and have to think what is it that May showers will bring?  I'm sure all this rain will be good for the earth but because we had such a late Winter it is keeping the farmers out of the fields and from ploughing, this late rain in May is also. 

A Mourning Dove has built her nest and settled in straight off our back door on top of the pergola, I get to watch her daily, this morning she looks cold and wet but she is cooing away happily. I haven't been blogging much over the past 2 or so weeks as I let myself get run down and then got a very bad cold that sent me back to bed.  I'm thinking I'm on the mend for the second time.  Yesterday I had put together "Team Grandma" and walked for the Alzheimer's society "Walk for Memories."  Guy and I represented our team as Grandma's Tea Room and went dressed as we do in the tea room.  I got recognized for my efforts in finishing the 5 klm in heels, that's effort.


I wore a different hat and Guy had on his black tie and diamond tie pin.  That's something you don't see often, I mean tie pins, I don't believe I've seen them at the jewelers in a long time.

Today is another day and I'm starting it off right as Grandma's Tea Room 
is open for the season and today I'm having tea


I've refreshed all my wee bottles of tea and made a rather large, fresh batch of 
Grandma's Special Blend 


A very favorited flavorful fruity green tea

I know ah, cake! so good, this week we celebrated a one year anniversary with our son. One year ago today he had his motorcycle accident, if you all remember? It was such a hard time for me, vapors - anyway we got him a cake, card and gift card to kent. He looked up at me with half a smile and said,
 "thanks mom, but there are just some things you don't want to remember"


The plate a special one as mom wrote before she passed away that she wanted me to have this La Petite Rose collection that had been in the family for so long. Each time I take out these little rose plates I think of her.


Hand embroidered napkins, a must and beautiful handwork


I love this cup and saucer it is bright and cheery and restores strength in me when I have a cup of tea out of it. Do you feel different drinking from different tea cups, or does that only happen to me?
The month of May is Stroke Awareness Month and my dad drank from this tea cup one of the times he visited me from Ottawa years ago, he is a survivor of a Stroke, it takes a great deal of the quality of life away. You should know the signs of a stroke, look for them here



 Wishing you the best on this day,
Lord! watch over us as we venture into another season, bless us and 
restore our faith. Amen,
Cindy

Today I'm joining these tea ladies as they have so much to offer, come and see.

Bernideen's ~ Tea Time Blog

~00~ Grandma (aka Cindy)

13 comments:

Denise said...

So nice to read Your lovely post.Sounds like You've been staying busy while also having good times.I didn't know about Your son,hoping all is well with Him now.What a scare,I really don't like motorcycles.Your precious plate and cup are so pretty. Stay well.Blessings Denise

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Cindy,
I imagine you are very busy these days. Sorry you caught the cold and I hope you're well on the mend by now.

I love your bright yellow tea ware! It is such a sunny colour and brings some sunshine on an otherwise rather drab day here on the Island so far.

I am sorry I haven't gotten by yet. We have been busy painting and my back has laid me up somewhat because of it. {I'm not supposed to be painting but as Hubby has never painted before, I had to show him how to do it} Thankfully, I am on the mend.

Have a lovely day and thank you for joining me for Tea Time.

Blessings,
Sandi

Bernideen said...

What a beautiful table you set Cindy and your china tea time dishes are wonderful. I especially love all your items and that jar of tea - very sweet! Your costumes are darling.

Winnie said...

What a fun tea cup and pot. I love that the plate you used is from your family and special. I agree, tea from different cups gives me special feelings too. I think the slowing down and remembering is what does it for me. What a special treat for your son! Very touching.

Martha's Favorites said...

What a wonderful treasure you have, filled with beautiful memories. Have a wonderful Mother's Day. Sending lots of hugs, Martha

Terri said...

Ooooh, I love yellow china! Your tea time is so cheery and springlike with that gorgeous tea cup!
I am wishing good health for you and your family.
Hugs,
Terri

Pamela Gordon said...

Good for you to get out of your sick bed and walk 5 km in high heels for Alzheimers! That's awesome Cindy. You and Guy must have looks very striking in your tea room attire. :) I love the yellow teacup. It certainly is bright and so pretty with the pink roses inside. I'm glad your son is still with you after his terrible accident and is doing well. Take care of yourself and don't work too hard my friend. Hugs. Pam

Amy at love made my home said...

Well done you for walking 5K in heels!! It is a great cause though so well worth it. xx

Lynne said...

Continue to feel better Cindy. Surrounded by all your pretties should help a bunch. Happy tea time!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Love the yellow teapot and teacup together Cindy. I can't believe you did a walk in heels! A good cause and you're both good sports to do it in your tea room attire.

Two Cottages And Tea said...

Glad you are feeling better! Your tea set is so beautiful and I can see how the sunshine color makes you feel better! What a lovely treasure! Hope you have a wonderful tearoom season!
Nancy

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Hi Cindy, Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well, glad you are on the mend. Sounds like you've been busy.
Have a wonderful Mother's Day!
Gina

Kathy said...

Hello Cindy, I do hope you're feeling better - I have a cold now and know how it can slow you down! Gorgeous teacup! I am delighted that you shared with A Return to Loveliness,
Kathy

ghost bead bracelet