Monday, September 22, 2014

A Rocking Chair for Grandma

I'm in Driftwood heaven



We are in Bathurst New Brunswick,
The driftwood province.

We happened onto a driveway filed with driftwood


Not your average driftwood but real animals and tables and such.

Well yesterday we were given a bucket of seaglass when a lady we meet Annie found out we were beachcombers.  She said, "you should take this and use it if you can." It weights about 7 pounds and so I thought why not, I'll use it.  

So today I traded some seaglass for this stone souvenir.


You did hear the story about trading the paper clip for a million dollars? I wonder what I'll end up with in BC, stay tuned, lol.

Then we found more driftwood





This is my mosaic (not all in one) but just as fun. I'm running on over to see Judith at Lavendar Cottage where she hosts Mosaic Monday's -  come along.


Until next time I get internet,
Cindy


~00~ Grandma

9 comments:

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Very pretty driftwood art! The octopus looks so lifelike, and the chair looks comfortable.

Donna@Gardens Eye View said...

What an intriguing area with so much art created from driftwood...love it.

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Wow, what a collection of driftwood!
I love that you participated in Mosaic Monday Cndy but I do ask that you include a template mosaic of some sort if participating again please.

Janus Evelyn Wilson said...

Loved the octopus and you looked great in the chair.

Pamela Gordon said...

Oh I love all the driftwood and wonderful things made from it. Well, except for the giant spiders, which are kind of cool and I guess they won't scare me. :-) How fun! And a whole bucket of sea glass? Lucky you!

Amy at love made my home said...

Those octopuses are wonderful aren't they!!! I think that guy had pretty much the worlds supply of driftwood and it sounds as though you have managed to pick up the worlds supply of sea glass!! xx

Lynne said...

Live the drift wood.
Quite the trade to get all that sea glass! Wow!

eileeninmd said...

Cool pieces of driftwood, I love the artwork and chair.. I am sure the seaglass is a beautiful collection..have a happy week!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Thank you for working so hard to create a mosaic Cindy, it's great and I look forward to the story of your trip each week.

ghost bead bracelet