Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Buttons & Bows

Visiting Ottawa was like stepping back in time.   I lived here years ago, came back and I'm no further ahead because I don't recognise most places due to change.  Something that never changes is Family and Friends! they are like buttons and bows, and when we visit we get all the nice things tied into one.  Visiting with them was rewarding from meeting ups, cookies, Mom's mustard pickles, to reminiscing and playing Ellen Degenerates's new IPhone charades, it was all fun.
This wasn't just a visit, no way I'm coming away with goods gifts and  Aunt Muriel's cookies.  Sharon my sister in law gifted me a set of these salt and pepper shakers, antiques with little ivory buttons on the top.  Love them and they are perfect for our little RV.
This is Sharon my sister in law in the middle and my brother Ralph on her right and my nephew Ralph on the left.  Sorry I didn't get a picture of them as I didn't have time because we used our time playing charades with the IPhone and had the best time and many laughs.  Did you know this program records you as you play so you can play it back and laugh even harder.  After two nights in a row we are in rib pain.
The drip catchers that are hand made came to me in dozens, another lovely gift.
Buttons and Bows, like Family and Fun, Cookies and Cream or Wine and Charades.... It was all fun and good memories were had.
Until our next Wi-Fi connection,
God Bless,
Cindy

4 comments:

Country Gal said...

Wonderful posts and photos ! You guys are having a ball aren't you ? Raining all day here in Southwestern Ontario but sun shine returns again tomorrow ! Thanks for sharing . Have a great day !

Pamela Gordon said...

Sounds like you're having fun in Ottawa. I'm sure it's changed over the years. We haven't been there since 1996! Wishing you safe travels and more good times. Hugs. Pam

Janus Evelyn Wilson said...

I'm glad your Ottawa visit was a success. Love the salt and pepper shakers. I enjoy keeping up with your travels. So, where are ya now?

Amy at love made my home said...

So glad you are having such a good time! That is a lot of drip catchers, someone has been very busy working on your behalf! xx

ghost bead bracelet