Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Oh Christmas Tree "O Christmas Tree"

With white fluffy snow covering the ground everywhere it isn't hard to have thoughts of Christmas, decorating, baking, and memories of the past.

I put some garland around my tree today


Tradition:  As a kid growing up in a bedroom community and both parents working there wasn't a lot to go around.  But come Christmas time we always got to open a new pair of pajamas the night before Christmas and wear our new P'J's  to bed.

Christmas Song:  I'm dreaming of a white Christmas.  Through the years often we didn't have snow on Christmas day or it waited until Christmas day to Snow.  I remember mom singing "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas."


Baking:  My Grandma showed me how I could do anything I set my mind to.  I was nine when she passed away but I remember us both wearing aprons in the kitchen.  She had a flour drawer that was shaped like a piece of cheese when you pulled it out and it had a big scoop inside it always ready to bake.

Memories:  We always had a real tree, sort of a tradition I guess.  We would go to the farm as dad called it, with the skidoos on top of the trailer.  Then head out on the coldest day to cut down a Christmas Tree.  Dad would sit around and drink with his brother then we would head home from Stittsville to Ottawa where we lived.

Christmas Wish:  Happiness, I wish to meet more people this coming season who are happy to be living, happy to be on vacation, happy to just be.  Imagine if we surrounded ourselves with happy, positive, yes people in our lives how much better that would be. I can't hang a sign at the front door of the Bed and Breakfast that says, "only come in if you are a happy person with nothing to complain about."  Ha ha ha, maybe I can.


xoxo Grandma ~00~

3 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I think you must have had comforting Christmases when you were little, and what a gift that is!

Pamela Gordon said...

I enjoyed your memories of Christmases past, Cindy. I need to get baking some cookies for the freezer. Maybe on Thursday. Hugs, Pam

Martha's Favorites said...

Love your post today. Blessings, Martha

ghost bead bracelet