Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Yes! T'was the Night Before Christmas

T'was the Night Before Christmas


And all through the house



Not a Creature Was Stirring,


Not Even a Mouse.



My Sock it Were Hung, by the Chimney with Care


In the Hopes that St. Nicolas Soon Would be There.


The Children Nestled, Snug in There Beds, Full of Plums and Sugar,

Ma in Her Kerchief, I in My Cap Just Settled Our Brains for a Long Winter's Nap



When Out On the Lawn There Arose Such a Clatter
I Sprang from my Bed In a Big Sort Of Flash


Tore off the Sheets and Tossed Down My Teddy,
I Ran to the Winder to See what was the Matter 



To What Should My Granny Eyes Should Appear? 
Was another Miniture, a Sleigh and  His Reindeer





He Was Chubby and Plump a Right Jolly Old Elf, I Laughed 
When I Saw Him In Spit Of Myself



He Filled all the Stockings, Then Went Straight to
Work, Eating all the Cookies, the little Jerk.



I Looked Back at the Tree Ere He Drove out of Sight
He was Screaming Something into the Night,

Merry Christmas To All And To All A Good Night! 

Memory:  Christmas Eve we always got as kids a new pair of pajamas and we got to wear them to bed. We also got a Story from the old tattered and torn book, 'Twas The Night Before Christmas.

Tradition:  I read this same story book to my children on the Eve of Christmas each year and bought them each a copy of  The Night Before Christmas so they could read it to their children. 

Christmas Eve:  Often we all got together and had meat pie, then later went to midnight mass.  I can remember giggling hearing others snoring during the service. All and all it was often a great time of the year. 

Story: 'Twas The Night Before Christmas




Excitement is in the air,


I found mom's recipe for pie dough with ginger-ale and the meat pies are going to turn out, I can tell.

Oh and it looks like we are going to have snow for Christmas


Today I'm joining Tea Cup Tuesday... even though my tea cups aren't shown here today, I was having a few cups while posting to the following, come and join me as we look into the lives of these dear friends.

Martha's Tea Cup Tuesday Martha's Favorites
Terri's Tea Cup Tuesday  Artful Affirmations
Sandi's Tea Cup Tuesday Rose Chintz Cottage


Merry Christmas, God Bless
Cindy


6 comments:

Lynne said...

Little jerk huh . . . you have me grinning . . .

Listen to your news, we made the national late night report. On top of our snow and ice and our more snow and more ice . . . we received another twelve plus inches of soft, fluffy white snow . . . truly magical around here.

Merry Christmas Cindy!

Janus Evelyn Wilson said...

Loved your version of the story. Merry Christmas!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Merry Christmas Cindy! Have a lovely holiday season with your family.

Blessings,
Sandi

Linda said...

do you share your ginger ale recipe, I would enjoy having the recipe thanks. duenml@comcast.net

Pamela Gordon said...

I missed this post Cindy. That's a fun version of the old story. I just love your miniature house all decked for Christmas. It really is cute.

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Cindy, I just realized I wasn't following you, so now I am. Cute post and I like the minis.
Gina

ghost bead bracelet