Sunday, January 26, 2014

Dark Roast ~ Sunlit Sunday

The Roosters have something to crow about this morning....
Fresh roasted Coffee. 
For a mile around everyone was smelling fresh roasted coffee. 



Have you ever started out to do something, that something vanished, and poof it was gone?  Well that is what happened to a file I recently made with this take on the road computer.  I have to say I've had more trouble using a tablet then I had raising 5 kids.  I made an amazing file called "Sunlit" and poof here it is Sunday morning and it is as gone as the last 10 years have.

The Rooster Roasters
Not exactly how I wanted to announce we were doing small batch roasting and sales, but our roaster arrived and we have been turning green beans into dark roast, just the way I like them.  Mr. Guy is happy happy happy, says the next best thing to waking up beside Miss. Cindy is having fresh roasted coffee.



This is our first small batch roast we did. Full, balanced just not dark enough for me.
So we ran it again and this time roasted the beans until the second crack and beyond until the oil spilled out of the bean.

Now, that's my kind of coffee, dark roast.  You can visit us roosters when we return home to Prince Edward Island where we will be roasting up the freshest small batch coffee on the Island.  Visit our new web site for the Rooster Roasters and let me know what you think and if I made any mistakes, typose, or errors; I'd appreciate your input. 

This week I'll be making a new file folder and in it placing pictures for sunlit sunday so I can continue to venture over to "My Little Home and Garden" where we share photos during the long months of the Winter to brighten your days.

~oo~ Grandma 

15 comments:

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Hi Cindy
I'm impressed that you have a machine to roast the coffee beans yourself and the new site is a good introduction to the service at your tea room.
I want to come back to the island for a visit, and if we do you can be sure you'll see me in person.
Judith

Janus Evelyn Wilson said...

The new site looks really good. I didn't think you and Guy could get any busier but you've proved me wrong. Almost makes me want to be a coffee drinker. Just a question...you've raised '5' children? I'm only aware of three.

My Little Home and Garden said...

I think I'd better go and make myself another cup of coffee. . .

What a shame about your file. Have you done a Google search(or whatever search engine you like) on how to retrieve a lost file? It must be there somewhere. Good Luck in finding it.

Best Wishes with your coffee venture.

-Karen

Linda aka Crafty Gardener said...

Hi Cindy, I'm sure I can small those beans roasting :) I'm popping over to your other site to see what is going on.

A Bit of the Blarney said...

So sorry you lost your file, but I have to say I am glad you are on such a grand new adventure!!!!! My very best wishes!!!!!

Kathie said...

Mmm mm - I can smell that wonderful aroma from here! Sorry you lost that file - bother! Hope you get lots of sunshine for some new pictures this week. Happy Sunday!

Lynne said...

Here you are on vacation and creating too! I can smell the fresh roast fragrance all the way to Michigan!

Pamela Gordon said...

HI Cindy! I'm not a coffee drinker so don't know a dark roast from a light or medium but I'm sure you and the Gardener are having fun with your new coffee roaster. All these coffee tools are a mystery to me. :) Glad you joined us today. Hugs, Pam

Anonymous said...

Oh, I can only imagine how good the dark roast smells and tastes! I'm on my way to visit your website.

Marlys (ThisandThat) said...

I have had problems with post disappearing as I write them.. and they are usually the best posts.. but I am sure that a cup of fresh roasted coffee helps even the disappointment of your files being lost. Coming over from Sunlit Sunday.

poppilinnstudios said...

Coffee, I look forward to it every morning! Fresh roasted-it must be delicious.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

this must smell heavenly!!

Lorrie said...

I don't drink coffee, but I enjoy the fragrance of it.
Hope you find your folder....

Poppy said...

Hi Cindy,

How exciting to be roasting your own coffee beans! I was a serious tea drinker for 43 or so of my 49 years, never having drunk a cup of coffee in that time. Then, suddenly one day, (in the midst of midlife!), I woke up and wanted ONLY coffee!

Enjoy!!

Poppy

cedarmerefarm said...

Cindy, I love a fresh cup of dark roast coffee. I can smell the aroma of your coffee here in Virginia. A cup of your coffee would make me very happy, happy, happy (indeed!).

ghost bead bracelet