Friday, January 10, 2014

RV living ~ A Day on the Road

We pulled out of the wall-mart parking lot this am at 6am when I woke from the tapping of the freezing rain on the roof and windows.


We took our time, besides we have the luck of our HOB


I am reading The Help and looking over my book at the road every once in awhile.


Yesterday we made it to where we volunteered on Staton Island a year ago we helped victims of storm Sandy get through a devistating time. Yes we went beach combing and I found a very nice piece I'll wire wrap tomorrow and show you later.


I got tired of reading so I made a few earrings.

The weather got worse and after a car hit the guard rail and spun causing debres to be spread all over the highway....we decided to stop until the sun warmed up a little.

We found a few antique shops and I got 


This amazing grand piano and stool for $8.95 she  needs a little dusting but will be perfect for the doll house, that's not all



I found this antique fainting chair for the kitchen of the doll house.

Well I should get grandpa tucked in for the night.  We are approximately 3 hours from Jennifer's and she was so disappointed to find out we had stopped for the night. We have a full day of shopping the Antique Warehouse of Staunton, Virginia.

I'm going to have a hard time sleeping wondering about tomorrow's finds 

~oo~ grandma

5 comments:

Lynne said...

So much to follow along on your trip. I hope you have some wonderful weather! Great finds too!

Janus Evelyn Wilson said...

You are brave souls to be travelling in this weather. I hope it gets better for you. Have fun at the antiques place and I hope you get some good finds.

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Hi Cindy,
Is that a mini rhino? How cute is that? Great mini furniture you found, love both pieces but the fainting couch is my favorite. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving me a comment.
Have a great week!
Gina

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Hi Cindy,
Is that a mini rhino? How cute is that? Great mini furniture you found, love both pieces but the fainting couch is my favorite. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving me a comment.
Have a great week!
Gina

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Hi Cindy,
Is that a mini rhino? How cute is that? Great mini furniture you found, love both pieces but the fainting couch is my favorite. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving me a comment.
Have a great week!
Gina

ghost bead bracelet