Sunday, January 12, 2014

Warmer Days

Warmer Days ~ Sunlit Sunday




The RV has landed.... North Carolina.

We pulled into the driveway at 10:30 pm
Jennifer came bouncing out into the carport excited that we arrived finally.

She had been sending emails all day telling us to hold up,
not to come as there were touch down Tornados all around.

We didn't get the message because we were too busy at the largest Antique Warehouse wehave ever seen.  I guess we missed all the comotion.

The sun was so hot and warm on my face I went for a long deserved walk in the woods and then down another road.


I stood at the side of the road and watch rushing water coming down from the mountains just listening to the sound of the running water reminded me of home. The sun was so warm on my back, and you can see a faint shadow of me in the bottom right. 

I walked on, enjoying the hint of hickory in the air, the sound of a hound well off in the distance anxious for a hunt. I also paid attention to the gun shots I could hear off in the distance, listening making sure they didn't get closer. As I walked I could hear the laces from my running shoe clicking as it hit the side of my shoe.

What a feeling you get from warmer days.


I think we have come through 3 seasons to get here.  But we are here, without the snow with plenty of gradchildren instead.  I grabbed the youngest up off the floor when I arrived and just figured he would know his grandma, he started to cry. Jennifer looked at me and said he'll stop don't put him down, you've waited a long time to hold him. 

I'm joining today with Karen and her meme on Sunlit Sundays. Where we are searching for the sun during these long Winter days.

~oo~ grandma

16 comments:

ellen b said...

Hello Cindy, what lovely sunlit photos. Enjoy your visit in North Carolina. Is it a visit or do you live there. Anyhoo I have to drive with our daughter from Seattle to North Carolina (Camp LeJeune) sometime in the Spring to greet her husband our son in law home from Afghanistan. Hope tornado weather is over by then!!

My Little Home and Garden said...

It looks like you found plenty of sunshine at the end of your journey, Ellen. I'm glad you arrived safe and sound, given the weather warnings. The woods looks like a lovely place to walk.

Enjoy your time and thank you again for coming to Sunlit Sunday.

-Karen

Pondside said...

It's nice to meet you Ellen - I'm here from Sunlit Sunday. It sound like you have sunny days ahead and lots of fun with wee grandchildren.

Things and Thoughts said...

Nature is starting to awake I think and I can feel life through your wintry beautiful photos.
Nice to meet you!

Pamela Gordon said...

Yay, you got there safely! Love the photos and I can almost feel the warmth of the sun. Have a great day, Cindy!

Linda aka Crafty Gardener said...

Hi Cindy, it was probably better not knowing about the weather warnings. Glad you arrived safely. Oh-h-h a big antiques market to visit on the way. Hope you find your rooster weathervane. Thanks for stopping by for a visit.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the mild southern climes on your visit - and your grandbabies. It's suddenly very temperate after a week of way too cold here across the states - and up in your Canadian neck of the woods it must have been more brrrr than tolerable! I know a couple of crafters who do the wire-wrapping jewelry from the seaglass they comb off the Jersey shorelines. I'm inland. And, yes - pins and clips that are great vintage style frills to embellish hats, scarves, coats, purses - even lampshades! The local tea shop here keeps them on consignment. I am hoping to market them wholesale this year. Interested?
Joy!
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the mild southern climes on your visit - and your grandbabies. It's suddenly very temperate after a week of way too cold here across the states - and up in your Canadian neck of the woods it must have been more brrrr than tolerable! I know a couple of crafters who do the wire-wrapping jewelry from the seaglass they comb off the Jersey shorelines. I'm inland. And, yes - pins and clips that are great vintage style frills to embellish hats, scarves, coats, purses - even lampshades! The local tea shop here keeps them on consignment. I am hoping to market them wholesale this year. Interested?
Joy!
Kathy

Lynne said...

Wonderful Cindy . . . to be in the sun and warmth and spend time with your grands and children. Good for you! Enjoy every minute . . .

Beth said...

Glad you arrived safely. Enjoy your stay in a warmer spot! Enjoy your family too. :)

Edith DUTERTRE said...

hello Cindy
merci du petit mot sur mon blog
vous êtes dans une région
très aride
je vous rejoind dans un " dimanche
ensoleillé "
à très bientôt
tendresse
edith (iris ) France
je m'inscris ♥♥♥

Donna said...

Love how you described the silence of the moment! Shoelace on the side id your shoe...Now That's a silence I've also heard...
Love the photos!
hughugs

Poppy said...

Cindy,

I so enjoyed your narrative today of the sun and how it has kept you company, warming your heart and soul and all the details of your excursion, like the attention to sounds, which I found very intriguing. I always associate summer with the muffled voices among waves of the sea, or splashes in the pool.

Lovely.

Poppy

The Furry Gnome said...

Hi, hope you have a good trip. Found your interesting blog, and thanks for visiting mine.

Brenda said...

I hope you're having a wonderful time with your babies!

Anonymous said...

Ha - a week later and your warm southern climates come with snow and cold! Crazy! But being with your family makes it all better. Joy to you!
Kathy

ghost bead bracelet