Monday, January 27, 2014

Hearty Hydrangeas ~ Tea Time Tuesday

Hearty Fall Hydrangeas
Turn purple when dried
Making a perfect match for my pedestal tea cups


This lovely tea cup was gifted to me along with 5 others of it's kind.
This one has dainty rose coloured flowers that resemble the Columbine that re-seeds itself each Fall.

One of my favourite fabric shops in Prince Edward Island is "The Island Fabrics" Julie and Alberta are always so helpful. Last time I was in and Alberta helped me pick this Hydrangea fabric to make place mats, they turned out lovely.


Petite Pink is this pattern on my 5" side plates.
Mom was sure to put my name on these, I guess she knew they would come in handy in Grandmas Tea Room.

Today I am having an imaginary tea.  I've selected one of my favourites called "Last Mango in Paris"  It's flavour is wild with mango and such an ever so faint scent of ginger, just enough to tingle your tastebuds.  With this tea I'm having Gingered Pear Bread - spread lightly with butter, would you like a slice?  I'm serving it hot right out of the oven. 

Gingered Pear Bread
          2 loafs - 
3 cups chopped unpeeled pears 3 medium
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 Tablespoon finely chopped gingerroot
3 eggs
3 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt

Heat oven to 350F. Grease bottoms only of 2 loaf pans. Mix pears, sugar, oil, gingerroot and eggs in large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients. Pour into pans.

Bake loaves. About 50-65 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Losen sides of loaves from pans; remove from pans. Cool completely on wire. Rack before slicing. Store tichtly wrapped in refrigerator up to 1 week.  This also freezes very well.

Best Baking - Betty Crocker's

Today I'm joining  the ladies for tea over at Rose Chintz Cottage, where Sandi has entertained an afternoon tea party, won't you join us.

13 comments:

Lynne said...

Lovely china pieces Cindy!

Beth said...

That is one of the prettiest teacups I have ever seen! Love how you staged your photo with dried hydrangea blooms. So pretty. :)
Have a lovely week, my friend!

Terri said...

Hello Cindy,
I am happy to meet you here at your lovely blog. This tea cup you are sharing is really lovely! The pink roses and the lovely shape of the cup really make it special. You are super lucky to have a set of them!
Thank you so much for sharing it and your delicious sounding recipe.
Hugs,
Terri

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Cindy,
What a pretty footed teacup and I love dried hydrangeas! Your bread sounds yummy too and thanks for sharing the recipe. Are you still traveling? Stay warm and safe.

Blessings,
Sandi

Fishtail Cottage said...

hi there! just love your tea cup with the feet! i only collect this style of tea cup ~ yours is beautiful and i certainly am over here drooling over it! hope you are having a great week! xoox, tracie

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

A pretty teacup and side plate. Dried hydrangea flowers can be used so many ways in decor, very nice how you used them.

EG CameraGirl said...

Love the pattern!

Beth in NEPA said...

I had never seen a tea cup like that. I love hydrangeas so have to love the cup!

Pamela Gordon said...

Oooo I love the hydrangeas and that gorgeous teacup. The placemats look pretty under your plates too. Lovely post, Cindy. Hugs. Pam

KathyB. said...

The pear bread sounds delicious ! What a sweet teacup to go with your hydrangeas.

Vicki Boster said...

Cindy - welcome to my GYB party -- it is a pleasure to have you and your beautiful blog participate here with all of us! You said you started with 3 folowers -- you are already up to 18!!

I hope you make LOTS of new friends here at the party--

Vicki

Tea in Texas said...

Love your new cup and saucer with the chintz style flowers. The hydrangeas are lovely with the fabrics in the the place mats. Glad your mother put your name on the china for it is very pretty. Have a wonderful week!

Pam

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi Cindy: Welcome to our Tea Cup Tuesday. What a beautiful cup you have share today. I love the little feet. Have a great week. Blessings, Martha

ghost bead bracelet