Thursday, June 19, 2014

Good Fences - Make for Conversation


It's a wonder how a fence with a few ribbons tied to it keeps out livestock. So on my walk one morning when visiting my daughter in North Carolina this Ford driver had been out at the end of his lane collecting the mail and I asked him.  His response was, "no, hell the flags fur me so I don't go back'n my Ford into the live wire."  I got my answer. 


Joining The Run A Round Ranch Report in the blog party "Good Fences" - come and play!



Hoping your day is a good one,

~00~ Grandma (aka Cindy)

11 comments:

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

HI Love the barn and it certainly is a good idea putting ribbons on that electric fence!

eileeninmd said...

That's a good reason! Great shot of the barn and the fence.. Have a happy day!

CJ said...

Great pic of a ramshackle barn and fence.

Amy at love made my home said...

As good a reason as any! At first I thought they might have been leftover from a wedding or party or something! xx

TexWisGirl said...

laughing! yup! definitely important flags!

love the scene and thanks for sharing with good fences! :)

21 Wits said...

Oh the charm of strangers, how fun, and quite a capture too!

Pamela Gordon said...

Haha. That's great! Love his response. The barn sure is beautiful.

marilyn said...

great barn !!...always good to ask about things that make us wonder...answers are sometimes far from what we thought...really liked this one...

Debby Ray said...

Ooohh...I never met an old barn I didn't like! Great shot!

Lynne said...

Liked that gate for the barn garage too!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Wonderful old barn and love the 'explanation'. Didn't expect that! - Karen

ghost bead bracelet