Saturday, June 21, 2014

Making of a Fairy Garden


Do you believe in Fairies?

If so walk my garden path,
You'll find 13 Fairy Gardens once you do the math,


I've created something lovely,
A place you'll want to be.



Fairies have been a wonder and fascination of mine since I was their size. Here I am full grown and I'm still playing, creating and doing a little day dreaming. Isn't that part of life though? living and laughing through play and imagination?

 So I've created a mystical and magical spot just outside the Tea Room doors,
 for children and young at heart, where they can explore.


Fairies often visit in the evening and at night,
so if you are building a garden keep in mind their bare feet and their tiny flight.


Today in the Guardian our local PEI paper you can read an article about the tea room and gardens.
Here you can watch a nervous me talk about the fairies in my garden.


Make a Fairy Garden


Ingredients for a fairy garden
pebbles
moss
sand
small plants
shells
fairy miniatures (dish, house, Tetley tea pots, little bird houses, mini Kinder surprises)
container for the garden (broken pot, bottom of a planter, wheel barrow, bird bath or box) 






~00~ Grandma (aka Cindy) or Crafting - http://scrapandwrap.ca

7 comments:

Lynne said...

Sweet Fairy garden . . .
I hopped over to read about you and no article, maybe it is an iPad thing on my part. I will try again . . .

Lynne said...

FOUND IT!

Amy at love made my home said...

Lovely! xx

Pamela Gordon said...

Cindy, I love your gardens and the fairy gardens are so sweet. I enjoyed the video clip very much and it's nice to hear your voice. You did a wonderful job! Have a great weekend. Hugs, Pam

TexWisGirl said...

a cute project. :)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love fairy gardens and I know there are fairies here in Florida that need some little houses! I'm going to have to get busy! I love what you've made! Hugs, Diane

September Violets said...

Good morning Cindy, My blogging friend Amy (Love Made my Home) put me on to your site for these fairy gardens. I had mentioned to her that I was planning to make these in the summertime with some kids in my care. These gardens you've created are very fun, and I just LOVE the fairy home made from the log! I hope to make mine from found nature objects, so these are great inspiration. I'm your newest follower :) Wendy x

ghost bead bracelet