Wednesday, November 26, 2014

American Beauty

I've missed you my arm chair friends.

After we took the ferry in Victoria to Vancouver, we were then onto Washington.

Vancouver has treasures tucked away in every corner one ingraved in my mind is a picture I took in a simple pull out spot

Vancouver


In downtown Victoria we found a few treasures also.

The BC Provincial Legislature


The Emperess Hotel, however we didn't have afternoon tea there in the event you are think. But we did have afternoon tea at the White Heather - the scones were not as good as mine and they use whipped cream not clotten. The little dishes of raspberry jam and lemon curd were empty when she came to pick up the dishes, oh the lemon curd was so good.


A BIG of a watering can found in a park in Victoria.



A jount to Seatle was lovely as you can tell from the pictures,

I love harbour pictures as you can see

caught with a sunset


Now we are in Washington and it is rainy, rainy, rainy, but boy can I ever sleep with the rain pounding down on the roof of the RV. We managed to find our day yesterday to do a little beachcombing when we did some backtracking to glass beach in Port Townsend


We headed out and it was still dark but we could see enough to make passes over rocks and tight spots to not get our feet wet.


Glass Beach is about 90 minutes walk to the left when you got onto North Beach.

We were crazy and were up for a 3.5 hour adventure even being in spots that were not passable at all and we had to cliff climb muddy cliffs to get aross reviens and over fallen trees that had come down the side of the large cliffs.


Here is a picture from half way up the mud slide looking down, the pebbles you see on the beach are about 50 feet down the slope


Did I get my feet wet, yup almost to the knees


Did I find seaglass, yup you bet.

Was it what they say glass beach is all cut out to be, No! Maybe there was a lot of glass at on time but it is like anywhere else, deminishing.



This is our stash cash

The best find is the hunk of jadeite at about 5 o'clock, if you look around 8 o'clock you will see a fused clear and brown piece, then at 11 o'clock is a nice piece of green pottery bellow it is a nice rounded piece of green seaglass.

Another fantastic find was a rain forest we found today at Ecola, just before Connon Beach



 

I find the rain forests to be one of my farourite spots of all

 

I'm not sure what to make of this, you decide.

 

It is almost American Thanksgiving, so with that in mind and the fact that I don't often get connected I'd like to wish all my US friends a Happy Thanksgiving

 

While we are on the topic of turkeys, I want to share with you these two that crossed the road in front of us and then sontered right beside my car window.


I hope these guys make it past Thanksgiving and stay off the highway.

Until we connect next, have a good one.

 

Cindy

 

5 comments:

Pamela Gordon said...

Wow, you are really moving along now. I love the sea glass finds but you sure took a risk to get it. The rain forests are gorgeous! I think those are peacocks on the road, not turkeys so they're safe. LOL I hope you have a Thanksgiving meal somewhere. Take care.

Lynne said...

Thank you for the Thanksgiving wishes. Our turkey is cooking, I was up very EARLY! I liked seeing my Peacock namesakes running along the road next to you. Saying Be Safe!

Linda aka Crafty Gardener said...

More awesome sights to see. Your sea glass collection is growing. I love the buildings in Victoria and could spend ages and ages there. Happy travels, looking forward to your next update.

Country Gal said...

Those 2 birds look like Peacocks lol ! Lovely photos , Looks and sounds like you guys are still having a wonderful trip and adventure ! Oh pretty beach glass ! Thanks for sharing , have a good weekend .

Janus said...

Sleeping to the sound of the rain on the rv roof sounds sooo relaxing. Your sea glass stash is beautiful and I'm glad you found some after all that walking. Loved the green, furry trees.

ghost bead bracelet