Wednesday, November 19, 2014

A Whale of a Time

Good morning arm chair travellers, these past few mornings have been wonderful for picture taking. The forcast is for 4 to 10 cm of rain a day over the next 7 days and up to 50 mm. That is going to put a damper on my beachcombing as we are just getting to the hot spots for seaglass on the West Coast.

We ventured to Tofino
By way of a windy ride up the mountain side in Vancouver Island.
Beautiful mountain tops, and lake side views.

A short stop off at a neat place called GOATS ON ROOF
where we purchased lunch of 400g of black forest ham, a loaf of freshly made sour dough bread and ate dessert first, lol

This is a single scoop according to Mr. Scooper, with cone and all $4

Market yams for supper. I'm thinking this is my BIG for the day.

A small pull-out and a stretch in the forest

Ferns growning 7 feet up a tree

The smell of pine bark and evergreen, so sweet.

Extended path out to the beach.
The path took us on a driftwood adventure

Logs everywhere

Constructions that were created

Not many shells, seaglass or rock
But after growth of Carbuncles

Another stop and a rather large climb up to the top of the highest point where once errected was a radar tower that was used in the Cold War.

The platform remains.

Continued on our way was sculptures on road side intersections.


A short stop off at the Visitor's Centre at edge of the National Park.
Found Wonder
Amazing
Quiet

Serene

Peace

Tranquil

Lifeless

Motionless

Forgotten
Timeless Wonders

Arrived at our destination Tofino Beach - The Picture Postcard
A sence of calmness surrounded me as I looked left and looked right, no one was around. The 20 some people that walked the beach were all so far away.
I wish I'd of captured the picture like I've captured the memory. A whale straight off jumped. A killer whale, came out of the water right there as I was watching. Guy came to where I was and I pointed out the spot never thinking he would have believed me. Then it surfaced again, the rounded top blackened the surface leaving a trail of millions of bubbles. I'm still standing watching waiting as he walks away impatiently. Then one last time the whale edges from the horizon, and sprays water from its blow hole, never to be seen by me again.

Oh I stood in this spot until dark waiting watching but nothing. Nothing could have made my day more than seeing this sight.
~~~~~
I'm happy you came along on my adventures today. I can't say tomorrow will be as exciting, but I'll try and top it.
Until the next time we connect, blessings, peace and forgiveness,
Cindy



12 comments:

MaryLou said...

Thank you for taking me along on your day! I would have loved to have seen the whale!... and had ice-cream. lol
HUGS for the journey!
marylou

Country Gal said...

Wonderful photos ! It is snowing and blowing here and darn cold lol ! Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Cindy,
Wow! You're on the other side of Canada. The last time we were out in BC {2013} my son wanted to take us over to the Island but we ran out of time. I really enjoyed your pictures.
It is really cold here today so you are at least enjoying milder temps out there. It was -3 when I got up this morning. Brrr, too early for this kind of weather.
My little blue plates are just a notch over 6 inches so yes, they are very sweet. They had red ones too but I opted for the blue which is strange for me as I am always on the look out for red transferware. But I am quite happy with the blue!
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you find some sea glass out there. Safe travels, my friend!

Blessings,
Sandi

TexWisGirl said...

wow! rock cliffs, beach, very cool timber woods, ham on sour dough, ice cream cones, and a whale! what's not to love!

Linda aka Crafty Gardener said...

Love your post today as we did the same route 3 Years ago ... Snowing here in our part of Ontario

Pamela Gordon said...

wow. What a beautiful post. Love all the photos and your story of seeing the whale breach in the ocean. How amazing for you. Eating dessert first is great, especially if it's ice cream. Safe travels to you and Guy.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Wonderful! I love this kind of beach and to see the whales would be more than amazing. Thank you for sharing. Loved this post. Thank you for sharing the journey.

Amy at love made my home said...

How wonderful! I am so glad that you got to see an Orca, that must be a good sign for more good things to come! Take care with your driving as I hear that it is very very cold out there now. xx

Jennifer said...

4+ inches of rain is better then 4+ inches of snow.....I remember you collecting drift wood many many moons ago....cant wait to see you!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Wow Cindy, what a trip and what wonderful memories for you and you hubby!

Lynne said...

WOW . . . what a site that must have been . . .love your photos and commentary . . .

Janus said...

I envy you your whale watching. Oh, and that icecream cone looked great too. Was that peanut butter and chocolate on the bottom (my favourite)? I thought the ferns growing up in the tree were really neat. You've seen some natural wonders on your trip, all right. About all I can see right now is snow.

ghost bead bracelet