Sunday, November 2, 2014

Awk Oh Elk

We left Hinton this am in the fog. Guy seemed to be disappointed becasue the fog was so heavy that when we turned that turn on the highway I'd not get the chance to see the Wow


Frosty Foggy Morning

 



I did, Wow

 

Taken through the window, sorry


Even with the fog it was a wow picture


Amazing Ah!

 

 

You can't see the mountain for the fog and rainbow but I thought you might like this picture.

 

Our drive through the mountains were a little interupted with wildlife but I didn't care it was like life stood still on both sides of the highway

 

 

Then again we meet up with some of these long horned sheep, this one is a big bull



I'm looking at the pictures and somehow the pictures just don't do the scenery justice, I mean it was way nicer than it looks here.


Then into town of Jasper for a short visit and found this guy just walking in front of our RV right there in the middle of downtown, he was heading over to eat the grass off the school playground


I was a little shocked and couldn't get my camera out fast enough, and only got his picture after he crossed in front of us. We waited and let him go though he looked like he would have anyway

 

Here he is, this is an Elk

 

He kept one eye on me, believe you me I might have feed that baby deer but this was out of my league, I wasn't getting out of the RV.

 

Maligne River Canyons

In the Jasper National Park we visited Maligne River Canyons



 


To think rushing water has formed these curves in the rocks

 

See how green and clear the water is?

 

Waterfals have been another capture,


While trees are always going to be part of my photos


roots clinging to life

 

Looks like this could be a fairy home.

 

10 comments:

Denise said...

All so breathtaking.Such wonderful fun,My kind of fun :) Enjoyed all of it.

eileeninmd said...

Oh wow, amazing scenery and I love all the animals..the waterfall is beautiful. What a fun trip.Wonderful series of photos.. Have a happy Sunday!

September Violets said...

You're right ... WOW!! Love the shots, but I know what you mean about not being able to capture the effect in a photo. You did a pretty good job though! Love the sheep and elk photos (wouldn't want to mess with either set of horns/antlers). And the photos from Jasper make me want to head out there myself. Have a great day, and thanks for sharing this wonderful adventure! Wendy x

Lynne said...

Wonderful photos . . .
Love the Frosty, Foggy WOW pics . . .
The Rainbow . . .
And the canyon pictures were breathtaking . . .
The school yard Elk an added treat . . .
How many days have you traveled so far?

Country Gal said...

Fantastic photos . Oh I would love to be there with the Elk and long horned sheep . Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Wow is right! What an amazing day! Love all the pictures. Makes me want to go on another road trip! Thanks for sharing. Mountain is fantastic, but the animals are my WOW!

Janus said...

Cindy, thanks for exposing me to parts of my country I knew nothing about. Canada is more fabulous than I knew. And your pictures are wonderful. Loved the rainbow in the mist, the canyons, the long horn sheep and the elk was beautiful. (It's nice to see that the elk was tolerated whereas here it would be shot in a panic.) You are going to have some wonderful memories and a perfectly huge collection of photos to scrapbook.

Chris said...

Beautiful photos!!!

Amy at love made my home said...

There really is some beautiful and amazing scenery in Canada isn't there! xx

Pamela Gordon said...

Wow, wow and wow! What gorgeous pictures, Cindy!! We haven't been to Maligne Canyon but it sure looks amazing. Happy travels to you. Hugs. Pam

ghost bead bracelet